Events Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all of our events
All riders should understand that by entering a Velo Events event they will be agreeing to the following...
Terms and conditions:
- Participants will be responsible for the roadworthiness of their own cycle.
- No accompanying vehicles are allowed to follow riders. Any participant failing to observe this regulation will be withdrawn from the event.
- This event is not a race or trial of speed, but a personal challenge and as such there will be no list published which sorts riders either in finishing time or finishing position order. An alphabetical list of finishers and times will be published.
- As the event takes place on the open road, riders must abide by the Highway Code at all times. Riders should be aware that when riding on a public highway the function of marshals is only to indicate direction and that riders must decide whether the movement is safe.
- The wearing of Hard Shell Style Helmets is compulsory for all riders under UCI regulations for 2020.
- All participants under the age of eighteen must gain the consent of their parent/guardian prior to completing their entry. Participants must be a minimum of 16 years old, and a parent or guardian must accompany riders under the age of eighteen.
- The use of triathlon handlebars is discouraged. However, where riders do have them fitted they are not to be used when riding in a group.
- Riders participate in this event entirely at their own risk, and must rely on their own ability in dealing with all hazards, and must ride in a manner which is safe to themselves and others.
- No liability whatsoever shall attach to the organiser/promoter, promoting club/organisation, event sponsors, British Cycling or any event official or member of British Cycling or member of the promoting club /organisation in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by riders in or by reason of the event, unless such injury, loss or damage is proven to be caused by the negligence of the aforementioned. If riders do not abide by these terms and conditions the organisers will make all reasonable efforts to remove them from the event, and British Cycling will use all efforts to restrict participation in future British Cycling competitive and non-competitive events.
Applications are strictly personal, firm and binding and fees shall not be refunded for any reason. Applications can, under no circumstances, be transferred to another person, whatever the reasons.
Event Cancellation Policy:
Should an event be cancelled or postponed due to factors outside of the control of Velo Events (such as sevre weather conditions, 'acts of God', restrictions placed by the Government / UK governing bodies, war etc) then the following will come into affect:
Postponement of an event:
- We will aim to reschedule to an alternative date later in the current year
- All entrants will be deferred to the new date (with no charge)
- Participant transfers to another person will be available in this instance and MUST be made within 4 weeks of the announcement of the new date
- Transfers to another event will be available;
- Refunds will not be available.
Cancelation of an event:
- The event will not take place in the current year
- We will aim to host it the following year
- All entrants will be deferred to this date (with no charge)
- Participant transfers to another person will be available in this instance and MUST be made within 6 months of the announcement of the new date
- Transfers to another event will be available
- Refunds will not be available.