RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Participants who are sick, have returned from risk areas, or have been in contact with someone who has contracted a virus or illness must not attend an event, as this not only puts you at further risk, but also puts others at risk.
As an organisation we have a duty of care to ensure a safe environment, whilst ensuring you get to take part in the event you have trained for. As an athlete or volunteer you have a responsibility to make your own judgment as to whether you are fit and well to participate in the event.
If you have any signs or symptoms of virus infection you should refer yourself to the resources available at https://www.nhs.uk/
- Stay home and self-isolate for 7 days if you have either;
- A high temperature;
- A new, continuous cough.
- Wash your hands regularly and frequently with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds. If this is not available then the use of hand sanitiser can be used as an interim measure;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; especially if your hands are not clean;
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of used tissues immediately and appropriately in a bin;
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell;
- Follow any additional advice as it becomes available with changing measures.
We will do our very best to maintain our standards and continue our events as planned. However, in doing so, we will be following the guidance issued by UK Parliament issued at https://www.gov.uk/, and taking additional measures where necessary. In all cases, the event will be taking place until we communicate otherwise. Individual requests asking whether the event is taking place will be referred to this policy.
The following actions will apply [not definitive]:
Postponement of an event:
- We will aim to reschedule to an alternative date later in the current year
- All entrants will be deferred to the new date (with no charge)
- Participant transfers to another person will be available in this instance and MUST be made within 4 weeks of the announcement of the new date
- Transfers to another event will be available;
- Refunds will not be available.
Cancelation of an event:
- The event will not take place in the current year
- We will aim to host it the following year
- All entrants will be deferred to this date (with no charge)
- Participant transfers to another person will be available in this instance and MUST be made within 6 months of the announcement of the new date
- Transfers to another event will be available
- Refunds will not be available.
In order to provide the safest experience for all our parties, the following measures will be implemented until further notice, effective immediately;
- Staff and volunteers who are interacting with participants during the event will be provided with gloves as a minimum
- Hand-washing stations and sanitation stations around the event will be made available
- Open top waste bins will be available
- Table tops and surfaces at locations such as registration and the finish line will be frequently sanitised
- When possible, on-course water stations will be closed [capped bottles] and collection will be made by the athlete and not passed by hand
- There will be no handshaking or contact during the event and race presentations
- Contact will be avoided in all cases unless absolutely necessary eg. for medical reasons
- Massage services may be affected
- Sign posting and information posters will be displayed around the event in line with government guidelines
- Participant briefing information will be available electronically before the event only, in order to minimise time spent waiting on the start line
This policy may be overridden as developments occur and will primarily be posted to www.veloevents.co.uk/faq. Individual and specific event changes will be emailed out to ALL entrants using their registered email address.
We thank you for your support in helping us to deliver your event safely.
Events Director – Velo Events Ltd
All enquiries to email@example.com